Wecome to #TeamDCS
Congratulations on joining our team!
You may review all orientation videos here.
New Teacher Resources
Your school and teacher website is the FIRST PLACE your parents, students and community will visit to look for updated information on school events, assignments and homework.
Every teacher has his/her own place on the school website to showcase what is happening in your classroom. Parents and students alike enjoy website resources, classwork and homework instructions to practice with each and every week.
After logging in, please give us time to add your teacher website permissions (usually 24 hours or before) and then you can use the instructions below to edit at any time!
PLEASE NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAN ONLY BE COMPLETED AFTER YOU RESET YOUR INITIAL OFFICE 365 EMAIL PASSWORD.
- Go to www.desotocountyschools.org.
- Click the "Our Schools" link in the navigation menu at the top.
- Choose the correct school.
- Click the “Login” link in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the blue “Login” button.
- If you are already logged in to your Office 365 account, your browser will automatically log you in. If you are not logged in to Office 365, enter your DCS email address in the first box. (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Type in your Office 365 password in the password box.
- Click “Login.”
- Navigate to the Staff/Teacher Websites link at the top and click on your name.
- Click the "Edit Page" button in the upper right-hand corner of the window.
- Click the blue CONTINUE button to edit and update your teacher website.
- Make your changes.
- Click the "Publish" icon in the upper left-hand corner of the window to Save.
Here are some printable insructions to help you get started.
You can also use the following link for a complete walkthrough of creating your teacher website. Teacher Website Walkthrough
Just a few things:
- You will always use your DCS User Account username and password to log in to the new school website. If you change your email or computer password when it expires, your website password will change as well. If you forget your password, you may reset it using these instructions. You can submit a tech help ticket here if you need further assistance.
- DO NOT DELETE THE CONTACT FORM that is located by your picture or under your telephone number. This is how we are combatting spammers to our email.
- DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON YOUR HOME PAGE. You should simply email parents and students to let them know what your email address is. We need to keep outsiders from hacking us and sending viruses through the system in this way.
- Please make sure you use font or text colors that are simple and that ALL USERS that visit your website can read. For example: Do NOT use light, hot pink text. Color blind users cannot see light yellow, light blue or light pink.
- Use the Document app in your dashboard to upload your study guides, assignments, notes and/or newsletters.
- All of your teacher website content is on one page. You may create new pages, however, that requires lots of extra work on your part. The new site is designed to be mobile-friendly, ADA compliant and responsive to all platforms. Therefore, it is fine if you drag and drop different layouts on the main homepage to use with your apps in your dashboard.